Saturday, November 24, 2012

I Miss My Roku

This Thanksgiving we are spending a few days with family in Utah. I really do enjoy spending time up here in the cold air with wonderful people. There is one issue however. They have DirecTV as their service provider. Fare enough you'd think, lots of channels to choose from. Surely we can find something to watch, right? Wrong!  I truly miss our Roku streaming Netflix, Hulu & Amazon Instant Video!  I've become accustomed to watching my favorite shows and movies on my schedule, not DirecTV's schedule.

The biggest bummer, there is absolutely nothing on satellite TV when I want to watch it. Sure you can watch Nanny McPhee for the 800th time, but really how much can you take! I want to catch up on The Walking Dead or watch old episodes of Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. Sifting through 600 channels of crap, 8 of which are ESPN with reruns of highlights from games I could care less about is not my idea of entertainment.

I can truly say that cutting the cord a few years back was the best thing we ever did. You quickly realize that cable and satellite have made you believe that you need their products. I can attest that is all a myth. Cutting the cord is easy and it saves you a TON of money. Just my 2 cents.....

No comments: